Easter Garden 3 column background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

6 month sweetness



Six wonderful and amazing months have passed since our little Trey was born.  I can hardly believe it.  He has brought more joy to our lives than I can describe.  He has grown and changed so much.  He makes us laugh all the time and is so fun to be around.  We just never knew this kind of love until he came along.  We are so thankful to be raising such a precious little person!



At six months......

 *  He is smiling all the time!  We can get a great big grin by just glancing at him and it is priceless.
 *  He has started to giggle every now and then.  We usually have to work pretty hard at it though, i.e.                     crazy voice, crazy faces, silly songs....anything that looks ridiculous to anyone outside of our house.
 *  He sits up completely on his own all the time.
 *  He loves to baby talk and jabbers on and on, all through the day.  His favorite sound is "dadadada," but I am working hard and plan on that first word being a good solid "MAMA."  : )
 *  He is rolling over from his back to tummy consistently and has been known to be seen rolling from tummy to back on occasion.
 *  He is really working hard at crawling.  He sometimes will get stuck with his little butt in the air and his head down like an ostrich.  It is SO cute!
 *  He is sleeping 10 to 11 hours a night, going to bed around 8:30 or 9 and waking up around 7:30ish.  This really only has happened recently.  We went through a very rough period with sleeping habits.  He is still up a couple times but fusses a bit and then goes right back to sleep.
 *  Trey has been quite the cat napper.  Every now and then we'll get a good long hour to hour and a half nap but it's not super often.  We always try for a 10am and 2pm nap but it doesn't always happen that way!
 *  He weighs 16 lbs. 12 oz. and is 27 1/2 inches tall
 *  He loves riding in the car and falls asleep within 5 mins of driving.
 *  He drinks 8 oz of milk 4 times a day and eats about 1/4 cup of fruits or veggies 2 times a day.
 *  He loves any type of fruit, sweet potatoes, and squash.  He DOES NOT like green beans, or peas.  We will work on that!  I have tried to make most foods myself but he has tried a few store bought baby foods and seems to like either.

He truly is the sweetest little soul and we just love him to pieces.  Can't wait for all the moments and memories in our future!  He is the light of our lives! 






We love you sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. oh annie he is just so sweet and precious! i love his big smile, it takes over his whole face and makes me smile! so so sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is soooo cute!!! Thanks for your comment on my page and on Facebook. I want to come back more to see you and this sweet little face (and crack...hahaha butts are only cute on babies!). Cat napper is a good way to describe what he did when I was there! I am glad to see he is sleeping better at night. That is a blessing for you and Justin. Shakira had her baby and I get to see him on Monday! She keeps texting me pics and I am in love. Who knew boys could be just as precious as girls? I sure didn't!

    ReplyDelete